Student Guide (PDF): Career, Co-op & Internship Services
Professional Practice/Work Learning Form for ENT 220 (PDF)
Professional Practice/Work Learning Form for BTE/CIT 220 (PDF)
Student/Graduate Registration Form
To Participate in a Co-op or Internship
- You must be a full- or part-time Miami University student actively taking classes
- Registered with Career, Co-op & Internship Services
- Keep an updated resume on file
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.2 and a 2.5 or more in the major
- Have completed 12 credit hours, with at least nine hours in the technical skill area in which you are seeking a co-op/internship
- It is highly recommended that you take Professional Development (BTE/CIT/ENT 221) before you do a co-op or an internship assignment.
To participate in a co-op or internship experience you must register with our office
Unpaid Internships: Wage and Hour Division Federal Guidelines
- Unpaid internships in the public sector and for non-profit charitable organizations, where the intern volunteers without expectation of compensation, are generally permissible. WHD is reviewing the need for additional guidance on internships in the public and non-profit sectors. (Wage and Hour Division guidelines from the Federal Government)
Ohio Means Internships enhance learning opportunities through a co-op or internship experience
Ohio Means Jobs job seekers can explore employment opportunities
ATTN: Bachelor degree juniors/seniors and co-op/internship seeking students
You are required to attend a Career Services 101 program before you can participate in any on-campus employer recruiting, interviewing, in a mock interview or attend a Career Fair.
Spring Internship & Career Expo (Spring ICE):
February 13, 2013 at Millett Hall, 2-6 pm
Career Services 101 requirement
Career Services 101 program dates and times
- Hamilton and Middletown Regionals Bachelor graduate candidates must contact the Co-op/Internship & Placement Office to be included in the Oxford Career Services database and to participate in on-campus interviewing services. Call 513-785-3113 for information to register.
Attend only one program. Dates and times are subject to change.
Hamilton Campus dates: all MUH programs are in 122 Rentschler Hall
Schedule a 1-hour workshop convenient to your class schedule.
Contact vogtlm@MiamiOH.edu to setup your session.
Middletown Campus dates: Contact vogtlm@MiamiOH.edu to setup your personal session.
Oxford Campus dates:
Career 101 program dates and times